Coyote are becoming more prevalent in the area.
Suggestions on Coyotes.
* Fence outdoor pet and animal enclosures
* Keep cats and small dogs inside, when outside-walk the pet on a leash
* Pets smaller than 45 pounds should not be left outside and unattended for long periods of time at dusk/darkness
* Feed pets inside, eliminate potential food and water sources
* Store trash in covered containers
* Keep yards free of potential hiding places. Remove thick brush and weeds, enclose the bottoms of porches/ deck
The Community Green Garden is staked out with 36 plots. For $50 a growing season, you will get:
A 9 x 15 garden plot to plant as you desire (with some restrictions)
Access to a garden cart and water
Friendly gardeners with whom to share your expertise (or learn from)
Access to the Amberley Garden education series
Current gardeners have through December 1 to renew their plots. After that date, the remaining plots will be available on a first-come basis. Organic practices will be utilized in the Amberley Green Garden and assistance will be available to anyone who needs it.
If you are interested, please email email@example.com to request a Green Garden Welcome Packet and application.