The City of Winter Haven’s Parks, Recreation and Culture team is looking for an outgoing,
service-oriented, high-energy teammate to manage the coordination and logistics of the department’s rental component. This role manages multiple rental facilities, a dedicated staff, and assists with the City’s special event planning and logistics alongside the Department’s Special Event Coordinator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Directly oversees and manages the rental operation and coordination of multiple city rental facilities. Coordinates and directs the work, assigned to staff, associated with rentals, special events rental set-ups, facilitation of events, and rental breakdown. Serves as primary contact for renters, establishing and managing event contracts and the rental process in its entirety. Ensures that rentals and programs operate within established guidelines and in accordance with established city and departmental policies and procedures. Plans, schedules, coordinates, trains, supervises, and evaluates the work of assigned personnel. Interviews or participates in the interviewing of personnel for employment in the recreation division; investigates problems of a disciplinary nature concerning staff members, and takes or recommends appropriate action. Conducts orientation and other training sessions with staff personnel; evaluates staff work performance. Supervises the operation of rental/recreation facilities and ensures that facilities are properly maintained. Contacts appropriate individuals or agencies to arrange for necessary repairs and maintenance. Conducts periodic safety inspections of the facility and is generally responsible for the safety of the public and facility employees. Prepares and recommends a preliminary budget for rental/recreation facilities; prepares and presents documentation and narrative to support budget recommendations; oversees budget expenditures. Prepares correspondence and communications pertaining to the recreation programs at the facilities; prepares and maintains all personnel, purchasing, and financial records and reports related to facility activities. Answers and responds to the public on matters relating to the operation of the facilities, rentals, and recreation programs offered. Coordinates the purchase and acquisition of equipment and materials necessary for the provision of recreational programs and rentals. Serves as liaison for multiple civic organizations based out of existing city
facilities. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Considerable knowledge of the principles, practices, and objectives of recreation administration as well as knowledge of the principles and practices of business or public administration.
• Ability to cooperate with and interpret recreational philosophies to public and private groups, agencies, and general public.
• Ability to direct and supervise the operation of a recreation facility including the ability to plan, schedule, coordinate, train, supervise, and evaluate the work assigned to personnel.
• Ability to prepare and maintain written records and reports related to department activities and rental history.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from an accredited four year college or university with a degree in Recreation or related field and two years experience in administrative or supervisory capacity in recreation management.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
• Possession of a valid Florida drivers’ license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
• Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter haven.
• Must be able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
• Must have the physical ability, strength and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.