Working at the City’s facilities AdventHealth Fieldhouse & Conference Center to maintain the building’s appearance and assists the customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Performs moderately heavy manual work in cleaning and maintaining the appearance of the Fieldhouse & Conference Center; may operate a city vehicle to travel to various locations throughout the City to perform required work. Scrubs, mops, waxes, and polishes floors. Dusts and polishes furniture. Washes windows, woodwork, restrooms, washrooms to include toilets and fixtures in buildings. Collects trash and litter from building and grounds; disposes of trash and litter collected. Replaces burned out light bulbs. Repairs minor defects in walls and paints same. Assists in making other minor repairs to buildings and equipment as necessary. Moves office furniture and equipment from place to place as required. Refills paper towels and soap dispensers in washrooms and work areas. Sweeps and generally cleans sidewalks and other outside areas near buildings. Sets up and takes down furniture and equipment for special programs and events. Assists in monitoring the facility and coordinating customers’ needs during events/functions; exhibits excellent customer skills while performing work. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Knowledge of the materials, methods, and equipment used in custodial work.
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to make minor repairs and adjustments to equipment.
• Ability to carry out tasks without constant supervision.
• Physical agility, strength, and flexibility sufficient to perform the essential job functions of a custodian without risking the health or safety of oneself or others.
• Possession of a valid Florida drivers’ license and a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
• Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment.
• Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.