Working at the Winter Haven Recreation & Culture Center leading recreational activities and assisting with other duties to help the Center run smoothly for its guests.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Maintains a City recreation facility and assists in implementing and organizing all aspects of recreational activities. Leads recreational activities by supervising groups in low organized games, athletics and special recreational events. Assists in organizing activities such as arts and crafts, sports, games, music, tournaments, etc. Maintains discipline and assures compliance with safety rules and regulations. Sets up recreational apparatus and equipment. Responsible for activity records and supply inventories. Makes minor repairs to equipment. Maintains cleanliness of the game room and other classrooms as needed. Under the direction of the Recreation Supervisor, independently and/or as a team oversees various rentals and assists with light janitorial work and rental operations. May open, close and generally secure recreational facilities. Reports to the Recreation Supervisor, who is responsible for work assignments and evaluation of work performance. Collects user fees and monies for programs and classes and maintains accurate records of fees collected. This is not intended to be an all-inclusive listing of essential job functions; the performance of other essential functions may be required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Ability to supervise groups engaged in recreational activities.
• Working knowledge of games, athletics and arts and crafts depending on assignment.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and the general public.
• Must be physically able to perform the essential job functions.
MINIMUM EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Graduation from an accredited high school or equivalency diploma.
• Experience in organized or specialized recreational activities.
• Position is very suitable for students wishing to pursue a recreation or similar degree.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience that is determined to be directly related to the foregoing specific requirements may be substituted.
• Must have a valid Florida drivers’ license with a good driving record as determined by the City of Winter Haven.
• Absence of non-prescribed controlled substances in the applicant’s system as verified by a laboratory approved by the City of Winter Haven.
• MUST BE ABLE TO WORK A FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE INCLUDING EVENINGS, WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS.
• Must have the physical ability, strength, and flexibility to perform the job functions in the work environment. Reasonable accommodations will be made for otherwise qualified individuals with a disability.
“EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER”
Enriching lifestyle through exceptional service.