The City of Winter Haven currently has one seat available on its Planning Commission. This board meets monthly at Winter Haven City Hall, 451 Third Street, NW.
The Planning Commission acts as the local planning agency pursuant to the Local Government Comprehensive Planning and Land Development Regulation Act (Ch. 163, Part II, Florida Statutes), and performs all functions and duties prescribed in that statute. The Planning Commission has the following duties:
• The planning commission shall have the power to review and approve special use requests in order to allow uses that are specifically designated as an "S" in Table of Land Uses, Table 21-32(A) of the Code.
• Advise and make recommendations to the City Commission regarding applications for amendments to the official zoning map and requests for conditional uses or other special designations on property within the City.
• At the request of the planning and community development director, interpret and determine the intent of provisions of this Code that are unclear or in conflict with other regulations.
• Consider the need for revision or addition of regulations in the Code, and recommend changes to the City Commission.
• Consider the need for revision of the comprehensive plan and recommend changes to the City Commission.
If you are a resident or property owner within the city limits of Winter Haven and are interested in serving on the Planning Commission, applications may be obtained as follows:
• City's Website: www.mywinterhaven.com/committees_boards.htm
• By Email: email@example.com
• By Phone: 863-291-5627
• In Person: City Clerk's office, City Hall, 451 Third Street NW, Winter Haven
All completed applications must be returned to the City Clerk by March 31, 2017.
For more detailed information on the Planning Commission, please contact the Planning Division at (863) 291-5600.