Click here to return to the E-Government Services start page

Welcome to the City of Farmington, MO, FAQ
Today is Tuesday, February 25, 2020.

Search FAQ:


Where do I go to pay my taxes and/or get a tax waiver?
Effective 2002, the County collects City taxes. All questions regarding taxes after 2001 should be directed to the County Collector at 756-5411. You must pay prior years taxes before paying current year. City taxes for the years 2001 and prior must be paid to the City Collector at City Hall. Tax waivers are issued at the Assessor’s Office in the St. Francois County Courthouse.

Do I need a Business License to conduct business in Farmington?
An annual Business License is required to operate in the City of Farmington. Service licenses are due June 1st. Merchant licenses are due October 1st. Liquor license are due July 1st. Financial Institutions are due January 1st. Questions should be directed to the City Collector at 756-1701.

Where can I obtain a Building Permit?
Building permits are required for most building projects. Refer to the Building Inspectors in the Public Works Office at 756-2215.

When are City Council Meetings and Work Sessions held?
City Council Meetings are held the 3rd Monday of each month at 7:00 p.m. in the basement of City Hall. Work Sessions are held the 1st Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.

Where can I obtain a Marriage License?
Contact the Recorder of Deeds at 756-2323 or 756-5411.

Who do I need to contact regarding Notary Commissioning?
Contact the County Clerk at 756-5411.

Does the City of Farmington offer trash service?
No, the City of Farmington does not pick up trash. Contact an individual hauler located in the yellow pages of the phone book.

Are burning permits required in Farmington?
No fee is required but must contact Fire Department before burning. Contact Todd Mecey at 756-2324.

Are burning permits required in Farmington?
No fee is required but must contact Fire Department before burning. Contact Todd Mecey at 756-2324.

Does the City have Clean-up week?
Spring Clean Up takes place in April. May have Fall Clean Up. Goes by Wards. Ward I – Monday, Ward II – Tuesday, Ward III – Wednesday, Ward IV – Thursday. Contact Street Department for more information at 756-5130.

Do I need a permit to have a yard sale in Farmington?
No permit is required. You are allowed 3 per year for two days in a row, but not on Sunday. Signs can be placed in your yard only, not on street signs, stop signs or utility poles.

Who should I contact to reserve a park pavilion?
Contact Pam in the Public Works Office at 756-2215. Reservations require a name, phone number, date, time and location of pavilion. This person must come to the Public Works Office located at 12 N. Franklin Street prior to the date of use to sign a hold harmless agreement and will be issued a pavilion users guide. NO ALCOHOL IS PERMITTED IN ANY CITY PARK.

Is fishing allowed at the lake in Engler Park?
Yes, fishing is allowed and the lake has been stocked with Rainbow Trout. Trout caught must be released unless it is during catch and keep season. Seasons will be posted on our social media pages.

Is fishing allowed at Hager Lake located in the Industrial Park?
Yes, with a valid fishing license.

What are the hours of the City Parks each day?
All parks are open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m. except Dean Danieley Park, which is open 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Are Fireworks permitted in the City of Farmington?
Fireworks are not permitted in the City limits without special permission from the Mayor. The fine is $125.00.

When and where is Winter Wonderland held?
Winter Wonderland is held in Long Memorial Hall from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. (usually the two weeks before Christmas). Cameras and video cameras are permitted. To schedule a group contact Parks & Recreation at 756-2215.

Who can I call to report nuisances such as tall grass, derelict vehicles, houses, etc.?
Contact the Police Department at 756-6686. Or report online using the Action Line. Action Line.

Who can I contact regarding animal abuse, neglect, excessive animals, etc.?
Contact the Animal Control Officer at 747-1988 or the Police Department at 756-6686.

Who do I contact regarding a ticket?
Tickets issued from the City of Farmington Officers should be directed to the Court Clerk at 756-6787. Any other tickets should be referred to the St. Francois County Courthouse at 756-5411.

When does Court take place?
Court takes place in the 1st, 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of each month at 6:30 p.m. If they have an attorney, court time is the 1st Wednesday at 1:30 p.m. If a court date is missed, a $60.00 late fee is added through Friday, then a warrant will be issued on the following Monday, increasing the fine by $100.00. To receive a continuance, they must talk to the Clerk.

Can I pay a ticket prior to the court date?
To pay a pre-payable ticket prior to the court date, they must sign the ticket on the back and bring it with them along with payment. It must be the full amount. The Judge only grants time payments when they appear before him on the court date.



City Home | E-Gov Home | Business Listings | Available Properties
Login | Register | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2004-2020. Electronic Commerce Link, Inc. dba egovlink.