Click here to return to the E-Government Services start page

Welcome to the City of Wyoming, OH, FAQ
Today is Thursday, March 21, 2019.

Search FAQ:


City Manager's Office/Administration

What is the City's fax number?
The City's fax number is (513) 821-7952. Click here to go to the Contact Us page on the City's website for all fax numbers, phone numbers, and addresses.

How can I obtain a copy of a public record?
You can submit your request for a public record in writing, by fax, by emailing, in person at 800 Oak Avenue, or by calling Lynn Tetley, City Manager at 513.821.7600. While your request is not required to be in writing, submitting it in writing helps to assure that you receive all the information you want included in your request. Please note: you will be charged for copies of public records. Records copied in house are five cents per page. Records too large in size or volume to copy in house are sent out to be copied by a commercial vendor with the cost passed along to the requestor. You may also request a public record by clicking on the request form here: Request a Public Record

Who can I call if I do not know which City Department my needs fall under?
You can call 513.821.7600 for the Customer Service & Finance Department if you are uncertain which City Department to contact and they will be happy to assist you or to direct your call or email to the appropriate department. You can also use this form: Ask a Question

How can I be notified of a particular meeting or agenda item?
If you would like to be informed when a meeting agenda has been completed or when a particular item of interest is on an agenda for consideration by any of the City's Boards, Commissions, Subcommittees, Task Forces, or City Council, you may request this notification at 513.842.1351 or by emailing Karen at If you would like a copy of the agenda mailed to you, you may provide a self addressed stamped envelope to the Administration Department and a copy of the meeting agenda will be mailed to you upon completion. Copies of agendas can also be faxed, emailed, or are available at the City Building, 800 Oak Avenue. To inform the City that you would like to be notified by fax or email please call 513.842.1351 or email Karen at

How do I submit information about a community event for the City's electronic newsletters, website calendar and/or social media sites?
Community events are listed on the City's website when submitted by the organization. Events can also be advertised to the community by those who have subscribed to the Community Updates & Events electronic newsletter on the home page of the City's website. If you have an event you would like advertised, email the information to: or you may use this form: Advertising Request Form

Community Development/Building Dept.

How do I get a permit?
You must first fill out an application. Click here for a building permit application. To view a list of the current building permit and zoning certificate fees click here.

What do I need to submit with my application?
Depending on what type of construction/alterations your permit allows, you may need to submit three sets of building plans, plot/site plans, and mechanical plans. You may also call the Building Department at 513.821.7600 to ask questions or email:

How long will it take to receive my permit?
The City of Wyoming prides itself on being responsive to residents' needs. We strive to review permit applications within five business days, but we ask you to allow us up to ten business days for the review to be completed. If the documents are found to be complete and comply with the applicable provisions of the Code, you will be called or emailed when your permit is ready to be picked up.

Do I need to submit the permit fee with the application?
No, but the permit fee must be paid before the permit is issued.

What if my application is incomplete or denied?
If additional information is needed or if the proposed project fails to meet the requirements of the Code, you will be sent a letter requesting the additional information or advising you of the non-compliant aspects of the proposed project as well as the options available to you. An appeal process is available to those applicants who have had their permit applications denied.

How do I appeal a denied building permit application?
Appeals must be filed within thirty (30) days after the date of the decision by the City Manager, (or representative thereof), from which the denial is made. All appeals must be in the form of a typewritten letter and must include sufficiently detailed plans to clearly show the scope of the work, if applicable. Eight copies of the application and all required information, including the plans, must be submitted in order for the appeal to be considered. A filing fee of $200 must accompany the application. Click here for the BZA application.

How long is the permit valid?
The permit expires if work is not completed within a year after it is issued. Expiration also occurs when work does not commence within six months of its issuance or after 12 months of work stoppage. The permit may be renewed once, for six months at half the price of the original permit ($10 minimum/$100 maximum).

How much will the permit cost?
The permit fee varies depending on the type, size, and scope of the project. Call the Building Department at 513.821.7600 weekdays 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (excluding holidays) or click here

How can I pay for a permit?
Cash, personal or business checks or credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express) are acceptable methods of payment.

When can I begin working on my project?
Work cannot begin until the permit is issued.

What types of inspections will I need?
The type of inspection(s) needed vary with the project. When you are issued your permit, you will receive the list of inspections that you will be required to obtain based on the scope of your project.

How do I schedule an inspection?
For permits with a "B" prefix letter, inspections may be requested by calling 513.842.1398. If your permit starts with the letter "Z" you can request your inspection by calling Terry or Megan at 513.821.7600. Inspections must be scheduled a minimum of 24 hours prior to the desired time of the inspection, excluding weekends and legal holidays. When scheduling an inspection, please indicate the type of inspection being requested, the address of the property, the permit number for your project, and your contact information. The City of Wyoming reserves the right to charge a $65 re-inspection fee for each inspection after the third re-inspection.

Customer Service

Where can I register to vote and/or where do I vote?
To find out where you vote, visit the Hamilton County Board of Voter Registration site by clicking here. You will type in your address and other information asked for to obtain your voting location. For information about voting, please contact the Hamilton County Board of Voter Registration at 513.632.7000 or click here to be connected to their website. Please note: The City cannot provide you with an absentee ballot nor register you to vote; you must contact the Hamilton County Board of Elections.

Do I need a permit for a garage or yard sale?
You are required to obtain a permit to have a garage or yard sale. Click here to download the application form. The fee for the permit is $10.00. The permit form can also be obtained at the City Building at 800 Oak Avenue. Any questions you have should be directed to 513.821.7600 or email

What do I need to do to have a block party?
If you plan to have a block party, you must submit a Block Party Application Form to the City Manager’s office notifying the City of the date, time, and location of the block party. Also, all residents whose access to their driveway will be affected must sign a letter indicating their approval. You may use your own form or use the City’s Block Party Signature Form. Once completed, the application and signatures can be emailed to, or you can mail the documents to the attention of the City Manager at the City Building, or dropped off to the City Building at 800 Oak Avenue. For additional information or questions call 513.821.7600 or email Debby at

How do I get a new resident packet?
New resident packets are available for new residents or potential residents from the Customer Service & Finance Department by clicking on this link for an on-line request form:New Resident Packet


Who must file?
Every individual and every business whose residence was within the City of Wyoming during any part of the period January 1 to December 31 and has filed a State of Ohio tax return whether or not tax is owed, must file with the City of Wyoming. A copy of the taxpayers State of Ohio Individual Tax Return in its entirety (IT-1040) and page one of Federal Form 1040 must be attached to your City of Wyoming Income Tax Return. If you need any assistance, contact the Tax Department at 513.821.9731.

When should I file?
The City's income tax return is due by April 15 of the following year for calendar year taxpayers with payment for the first quarter estimated taxes due. Coupons will be mailed for the second quarter, which is due June 15, the third quarter, which is due September 15, and the fourth quarter, which is due December 15 of the next year.

What if I pay the City where I am employed, do I receive a credit on my Wyoming income taxes?
The City of Wyoming is non-reciprocal. Taxes paid to another community do not change the amount due to the City of Wyoming.

Is there an income taxable to the State of Ohio that is not taxable to the City of Wyoming?
Per the Ohio Revised Code, the following retirement shall not be levied upon - Ohio Public Retirement System (PERS), Ohio State Teachers Retirement System (STRS), Ohio Police and Firemen Retirement System (P&FRS), City of Cincinnati pension, and Military pay, allowances, or benefits of the Armed Forces of the United States. These may be deducted up to the amount included in the Ohio Adjusted Gross Income.

If I move into or out of the City of Wyoming during the tax year, do I have to pay tax for the entire year?
Moving into the City as a resident of Ohio: -Divide the Ohio Adjusted Gross Income, Line (A-1 and B-1) by 365 (days in a year, 366 leap year). -Multiply the number of days you were a non-resident of the City of Wyoming. -Record this number on Line (B-9). Moving out of the City of Wyoming as a resident of Ohio: -Divide the Ohio Adjusted Gross Income, Line (A1 and B1) by 365 (days in a year, 366 leap year). -Multiply the number of days you were a non-resident of the City of Wyoming. -Record this number on Line (B-9) If you moved into the City of Wyoming from an out of state location, use the allocated deduction amount reported tot he State of Ohio on Schedule of Credits-Nonresident Credit (date of party year residency ___ to ___) Line (26). Questions: Contact the tax department at 513.821.9731

What is the Wyoming School Income Tax and whom do I pay it to?
The City of Wyoming does not collect or levy the Wyoming City School taxes. For additional information, call the State of Ohio tax office at 1.800.282.1780 or call the Wyoming School Board office at 513.206.7000. The school tax is separate from the City of Wyoming income tax.

What is the property tax rate?
Property taxes are paid to the Hamilton County Auditor. For additional information, call the Hamilton County Auditor's office at 513.946.4800 or visit their website at


Why should I learn CPR and how to operate an AED (Automated External Defibrillator)?
AEDs are fully automatic and self diagnostic devices that, when properly attached to a patient, can determine that individual's heart rhythm and advise if an electric shock or defibrillation is necessary for the individual's survival. AEDs are one of a four step process encouraged by the American Heart Association and designed to raise the survival rate of heart attack victims or others who somehow suffer an injury that can put them into coronary arrest.

My smoke detector beeps every few seconds. Do I need to call the Fire Department?
Generally a chirping sound every few seconds indicates a low battery or other problem in the detector. A smoke warning is typically a loud, continuous beeping sound. The chirping generally requires replacing the battery, which is a service the Fire-EMS Department provides. A smoke warning alert indicates that there is probably cause for alarm and you should call 911 for the Fire-EMS Department, even if you do not see smoke right away.

Do I need a carbon monoxide detector?
Yes. In general, carbon monoxide is caused by incomplete combustion of fuel. In a residence, this is usually caused by malfunctioning gas appliances such as the furnace or hot water heater. In some cases, automobile exhaust has drifted into a home while a vehicle was running in the garage and caused problems for the occupants.

Where do I put a carbon monoxide detector in my home?
Carbon monoxide weighs roughly the same as air and hence does not rise as quickly as smoke. Plug in units seem to have greater reliability than battery operated devices, although both work well. It is recommended that carbon monoxide detectors be placed in the same vicinity as each smoke detector in the home. As with smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors should be tested periodically.

How can I become a volunteer member of the Wyoming Fire-EMS Department?
The process for hiring a volunteer is the same as any other City employee. It includes a completed employment application, interview, background check, and satisfactory physical and drug screening. Those interested in volunteering with Wyoming Fire & EMS Department are encouraged to contact Chief Dennis Brown at 513-842-1357. He will be happy to answer any of your questions, set up a tour of the station, and guide you through the application process. Wyoming Fire & EMS is happy to assist new members in obtaining certifications. Applications may be mailed to Wyoming Fire-EMS, 600 Grove Avenue, Wyoming, OH 45215 or dropped off in person. Click here to download an employment application.

How can my son or daughter become a Cadet member of the Fire & EMS Department?
If your child is interested in becoming a Cadet, please contact Fire Chief, Dennis Brown at He will be happy to contact you and your son or daughter about the benefits of becoming a Cadet. Chief Brown will answer any questions you may have and also walk your son or daughter through the application process as well. Click here to download an employment application. Once completed, you may return the application by mail to the Fire-EMS Department at 600 Grove Avenue, Wyoming, OH 45215 or you may drop it off at the station.


What can I do to enhance home safety while I'm on vacation?
Maintain a spare key on file with the Police Department. Before leaving for vacation, complete an Away from Home form available here to download or you may pick up the form at the Safety Services Building, 600 Grove Avenue during normal business hours. Officers will increase patrols in your area during that time.

What can I do to improve the overall security of my home or business?
Call the Police Department at 513.821.0141 to schedule the services of the Community Resource Officer or email Community Resource Officer, Sgt. Brooke Brady at An officer will survey your home or business, at no cost, and suggest security improvements.

What else can I do to improve my service?
Maintain a house or business key on file with the Police Department. In a security or fire emergency, Officers can rapidly access the building and provide service immediately.

My neighbor's dog barks all night and day. What can I do about it?
Notify the Police Department and we will make every effort to investigate the situation and gain compliance from the animal's owner. Residents of Wyoming are cooperative and generally just need to be aware of the problem at which time compliance is not an issue.

I have found a stray dog (or there is a dog running at large). What should I do?
If the animal does not belong to a friend or neighbor that you can return the animal to, notify the Police Department and we will check the animal's description against any lost dog calls we have received. If no match is found, either you or the Department may notify the Hamilton County SPCA at 513.541.6100.

My neighbor's alarm is going off and they do not appear to be home. What should I do?
Notify the Police Department and we will respond to investigate as well as make every effort to silence the alarm.

I want to file a complaint against someone for an incident that occured, but the Police were not called. How do I do that?
Call the Police Department at 513.821.0141 and speak with an Officer. The Officer will determine if charges should be filed in Wyoming or a referral should be issued to the Hamilton County Court system.

My child's bike is brand new. Can I register it with the Police Department?
The Wyoming Police Department can register the bicycle if you bring it to the Police Department. We will get the necessary information from the bicycle and issue a sticker to be placed on the frame of the bike. If the bicycle is lost, stolen, or found, we can trace the owner by the number on the sticker. Also, you should purchase a bicycle lock to use whenever the bicycle is not in use. Make sure the child locks their bike when unattended in your front yard, porch, rear yard, or any place else.

I need a copy of a police report from an accident or other incident that occurred in Wyoming. How can I get one?
Respond in person to the Police Department at 600 Grove Avenue and a copy of the report will be provided at no cost.

Public Works

Will my trash be picked up on a holiday?
Rumpke picks up trash every scheduled day except Christmas Day and New Years Day. If your scheduled trash day falls on Christmas Day or New Years Day, your trash will be picked up the following day. Rumpke picks up as scheduled on all other holidays.

How do I get rid of a large item?
Rumpke will pick up one large item per week with your regular trash. If the item contains freon, it must be removed by a refrigerant recovery company or a heating and air type company. There are many providers of this service that can be found in the phone book or on-line. Once the freon has been drained, the technician will place a sticker on the item indicating that it is free of freon. Additionally, Rumpke requires that a Refrigerant Recovery Statement be completed and attached to the item as well. here to download the form. Once both pieces of documentation are placed on the item that contains freon, the item can be placed at the curb as your one large item for the week. Rumpke will NOT pick up: paint, pesticides, batteries, tires, construction debris, hazardous chemicals, upright pianos, or cast iron bath tubs. If you have construction materials or have cleaned out your basement or garage, you may schedule a special pick up from Rumpke by calling them at 513-742-2900. Rumpke charges for this service and when you call them they will explain the fees. You are welcome to find your own hauler for this service and are not obligated to use Rumpke for special pick-ups.

What are special pick ups?
Special pick-ups can be arranged by contacting Rumpke at 513.742.2900. There is a day for junk and a day for yard waste but they cannot be combined. Rumpke will provide you with the cost of this service when you contact them to schedule a pick up. Note: Special pick-ups generally do not include paint, pesticides, batteries, tires, concrete, hazardous materials, upright pianos or cast iron bath tubs.

What is yard waste?
It is yard waste if it grew in your yard. It may be green, leafy, or woody, with or without some soil attached. Fallen fruit would also be yard waste, but your old chain link fence wouldn't be.

How can I dispose of yard waste?
From March 1 until November 30, Rumpke picks up yard waste regularly each Monday for the entire City. In the winter, between December 1 and February 28, pick ups are made on Mondays by request only. Residents must call Rumpke by Friday prior to the desired week of pick up at 513.742.2900. Place yard waste loosely in a paper yard waste bag or trash can with a lid and handles. The bag and the container can weigh no more than 50 pounds. No plastic bags can be used. Limbs should be bundled in lengths no more than four feet and no more than two feet in diameter. Bundles can weigh no more than 50 pounds. Yard waste stickers are $2.00 each and can be purchased at the City Building between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. If you are unable to purchase yard waste stickers during our normal business hours, you may mail a check made out to the City of Wyoming for the amount of yard waste stickers you would like to purchase. Mail your check along with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to the attention "Yard Waste Stickers" % City of Wyoming, 800 Oak Avenue, Wyoming, OH 45215. Staff members will mail you the requested number of yard waste stickers. Please remember that yard waste pick up begins promptly at 6:00 a.m. so please make sure your items are placed at the curb by 6:00 a.m. on Monday morning or you may take it to the curb after 4:00 p.m. on Sunday evenings.

Who can I call for stray animals in my chimney, attic, or yard?
The City does not have an animal warden. You must call the SPCA at 513.541.6100. If you have an unwelcomed animal in your home, you should call an exterminating company.


What are your hours?
Monday through Thursday: 5:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Friday: 5:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Saturday: 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Sunday: 12:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. Hours can vary during holidays. Call the Center at 513.821.5200 to inquire about holiday hours and closings.

What are the deadlines for sports registrations?
The deadlines vary for each sport but are published on the registration forms and in the Recreation Times. Or you may contact Bryan Hill at 513.821.5200 or email him at

How do I get started or reaquainted in the Fitness Center?
Orientations to the machines are free to all members. Leave your contact information at the front desk and a staff member will contact you to set up a convenient time for you.

How old does my child have to be to workout in the Fitness Center?
Children must be at least 12 years of age (no exceptions) to be able to workout in the Fitness Center. Children 12-17 years of age are required to go through a teen certification process before being allowed in the Fitness Center without an adult member. Children who are members that are 12 years of age and older are permitted to be alone (without a parent) in the game room, gym, and pool.

Am I permitted to take classes after a session has begun?
Absolutely. While we do not pro-rate any classes, we do offer several different ways to pay for a class.

What types of memberships do you offer?
We have family and dual memberships, memberships for an individual adult 18 years and over and teens 12-17 years of age. We also have memberships for senior citizens. All of our memberships have a resident rate and a non-resident rate.

Water Works

Where does Wyoming get its water?
It is pumped from the Miami Valley Underground Aquifer through six 190 feet deep well sites throughout the City. Wyoming processes its own water through a state-of-the-art Water Plant facility located on the grounds of the City Building at 800 Oak Avenue.

Is Wyoming water safe?
Wyoming water meets or exceeds all EPA standards and tastes good as well. The water lab is certified by the Ohio EPA to run hardness, alkalinity, pH, chlorine, and fluoride tests. Samples for the wells, the plant, and the system are also sent to another lab twice monthly to be tested. Test results are available to the public upon request. At the 2011 Ohio Section of the American Water Works Association Conference held in Cincinnati, Wyoming water was declared "Best of the Best" in the annual blind taste test competition. Our water was unanimously selected as the best by four judges in the categories of appearance, flavor, and odor.

What is my account balance?
For information regarding your water account, call 513.821.8044. Please have your account number available.

Why is my water bill so high?
For information regarding your water account, call 513.821.8044. Please have your account number available.

How is my water bill calculated?
Water Rates – 2017 Inside Wyoming: The minimum rate for water is $40.07 per quarter. The commodity charge for each additional 100 cubic feet (CF) of water used over the minimum 700 CF is $5.72. Outside Wyoming: The minimum rate for water is $50.09 per quarter. The commodity charge for each additional 100 cubic feet (CF) of water used over the minimum 700 CF is $7.06. Sewer Rates – 2017 Sewer rates are set by the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati under the direction of the Hamilton County Commissioners. Rates for sewerage can be found at the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati website. Click here to be connected to MSDs website.

How are maximum sewer rates for each home set each year?
The maximum sewer rate for Wyoming residences in a given year is based on the water usage for the first quarter of that year. Sewer bills will be unaffected by the watering done during the hot and dry summer. If your water/sewer usage for the first invoice received in the year is 2,500 cubic feet, your sewer usage for each quarter during that year will never be higher than 2,500 cubic feet.



City Home | E-Gov Home | FAQ | Permits | Business Listings (Data Manager)
Login | Register | Privacy Policy
Copyright ©2004-2019. Electronic Commerce Link, Inc. dba egovlink.