The City of Wilmington is currently accepting bids to enter into annual contract for water treatment chemicals for the City of Wilmington Water Plant for 2017. The chemicals available for bid are as follows: Sodium Ortho/Polyphosphate Blend, Copper Sulfate Pentahydrate (Liquid) Activated Carbon, Liquid Chlorine, Aluminum Sulfate, Pebble Lime, Carbon Dioxide, Potassium Permanganate.
SOLICITATION OF BIDS FOR MATERIALS/PRODUCTS
Per Resolution No. R-17-06
Sealed bids will be received in the office of the Service Director of the City of Wilmington, Ohio, 69 N. South Street, 2nd Floor, Wilmington, Ohio 45177 by Wednesday, March 22, 2017, at 12:00 p.m.
WATER TREATMENT CHEMICALS - 2017
Said bids will be opened and read at 12:00 p.m. on Wednesday, March 22, 2017, in the Service Director's Office Conference Room.
Pursuant to Section 153.54, et. Seg. of the Ohio Revised Code, the bidder shall submit a Bid Guaranty in the form of either:
a. A bond for the full amount of the bid; OR
b. A certified check, cashier’s check or letter of credit pursuant to Chapter
1305 of the Ohio Revised Code, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the
The successful bidder must replace the bid guaranty with a one-hundred percent (100%) Performance Bond upon award of the bid.
Each bidder must ensure that all employees and applicants for employment are not discriminated against because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, or national origin.
Instructions to Bidders, Form of Proposal, Contract Agreement, Specifications, Contract Bond and other contract documents may be examined at the Office of the Service Director or found on the RFP/RFQ/Invitation to Bid Page of the City of Wilmington website at www.ci.wilmington.oh.us.
Bids shall be sealed and addressed to:
City of Wilmington
69 N. South Street
Wilmington, Ohio 45177
Proposal for: City of Wilmington Water Treatment Chemicals - 2017
No bidder may withdraw his bid within sixty (60) days of the actual date of the bid opening thereof.
The Board of Control reserves the right to reject any or all bids and to waive any irregularities of bids should the same be the advantage of the City.
BY ORDER OF THE SERVICE DIRECTOR
City of Wilmington, Ohio
Saturday, March 4, 2017, Saturday, March 11, 2017
BID DATE: Wednesday, March 22, 2017
Each vendor, by virtue of supplying a quotation on any or all of the items agrees to comply with all of the following conditions:
1. Purchaser (City of Wilmington, Ohio) will be neither obligated to purchase all of the items and quantities noted nor restricted to the items and quantities noted.
2. Vendors shall quote on those items which can be delivered in thirty (30) days or less after receipt of order.
3. All bids submitted shall be on the contract price including delivery for a period of one year from the bid opening date.
4. All chemicals must meet Ohio EPA/AWWA/NSF specifications and be made in USA. Send specifications sheet and Material Data Sheet (MSDS) on all chemicals.
5. Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope marked, “City of Wilmington Water Treatment Chemicals – 2017.”
6. If for any reason contracted chemicals cannot be supplied and delivered due to chemical shortages, the contract supplier shall notify the City of Wilmington Water Plant within 7 (seven) days of shortage notification.