Working under the direction of the Day Camp Coordinator(s) and Community Center Program Supervisor, Day Camp Supervisors are responsible for the organization, planning and supervision of an assigned camp and all of the activities associated with that camp. The Day Camp Supervisor serves as the primary role model for camp counselors while facilitating the development of a team among staff members. This individual is responsible for the supervision of camp staff and must provide a safe, enjoyable, professional and educational atmosphere for camp staff and campers. Work is reviewed for achievement of desired results and adherence to policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervises a camp alone or as part of a team as assigned
* Plans, organizes, and directs the daily activities of the assigned camp, interacting with campers and staff while ensuring safety and security of the overall camp
* Supports camp counselors in the implementation of behavior management procedures
* Communicates with parents of campers regarding updates, feedback, discipline, etc.
* Manages paperwork including, but not limited to, sign-in/out sheets, field trip directions, supply request forms, friendship request forms, field trip feedback forms, allergy forms, camper data forms, permission slips/waivers, and field trip receipts
* Writes informational articles related to the camp activities and provides pictures for the weekly newsletters, meeting deadlines as assigned
* Serves as an inclusive and encouraging role model for participants and staff
* Must be able to work with children of all abilities and coordinate with MNASR staff
* Assists with the planning and implementation of complementary programs, including the parent orientation night and family picnic
* Maintains inventory and organization of camp supplies
* Reports to all staff meetings as scheduled
* Recommends improvements to the Community Center Program Supervisor
* Complies with all Village Policies, Protocols, and Procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
This position requires management responsibilities of a supervisory nature. Incumbents must be proficient in basic concepts relating to personnel management.
This position requires a completed or in-progress bachelorís degree and one to two years of related experience. CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications required prior to the start of camp (will train upon hire).
Must be available to begin work in mid-late May and conclude mid August without non-illness/medical absences (i.e. vacations).
For more information, please contact:
Melissa Rimdzius, Community Center Program Supervisor
Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department
6900 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
firstname.lastname@example.org or (847) 677-9740
The Village of Lincolnwood is an equal opportunity employer.