The day camp supervisor is responsible for the organization, planning and supervision of daily camp activities. This person serves as the primary role model for camp counselors while facilitating the development of a team among staff members. This position is responsible for the supervision of camp staff, ensuring a safe, enjoyable, and educational atmosphere for camp staff and campers at all times.
Major Areas of Responsibilities:
• Plans, organizes and directs the daily activities of assigned camp
• Ensures assigned camp is operated and organized to meet all policies, procedures, and deadlines of the Department
• Trains, supervises and evaluates assigned staff
• Communicates with parents of campers regarding updates, feedback, discipline, etc.
• Responsible for daily attendance records from assigned camp
• Tabulates and signs off on payroll each pay period
• Maintains inventory of all supplies
• Reports to all staff meetings as scheduled
• Provides leadership and problem solving skills for camp counselors
• Ensures that camp headquarters and related areas are safe and clean for campers and staff
• Conducts meetings and in-services as needed with staff
• Must demonstrate leadership skills
• Must be able to respond to the needs of participants with disabilities
• Must be a positive role model for participants and staff
• B.A. or currently working toward
• Two years of relevant experience
• Ability to work well with children
• Ability to maintain good working relationship with fellow employees
• Organized with daily duties and time management
• Ability to be prompt and create an enjoyable, positive atmosphere every day
• Ability to supervise high school/college age staff, disciplining when necessary
• Interest in promoting the positive image and growth of the Village of Lincolnwood and the Lincolnwood Summer Day Camp program
Certified in first aid and CPR (will train upon hire).
Must be available to begin work in mid-late May and conclude mid August without non-illness/medical absences (i.e. vacations).
For more information, please contact:
Melissa Rimdzius, Community Center Program Supervisor
Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department
6900 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
email@example.com or (847) 677-9740.