Day camp counselors are responsbile for creating a safe, enjoyable and educational atmosphere for participants by planning and implementing age-appropriate daily activities.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
1. Supervises program participants to ensure a safe and fun camp experience
2. Organizes, implements and participates in daily activities
3. Follows all rules, regulations, policies and procedures set forth by the Village
4. Attends all scheduled staff meetings
5. Assists with maintaining inventory of all supplies
6. Provides leadership and problem solving for campers
7. Ensures that camp headquarters and related areas are safe and clean
8. Must be certified in CPR and first aid (training available upon hire)
1. One year of relevant experience preferred
2. Ability to work well with children
3. Ability to be prompt and create an enjoyable and positive atmosphere every day
4. Ability to maintain good working relationships with fellow employees
Must be available for entire eight weeks of camp (June 18-August 10) and entire orientation process (June 11-15); absences are not excused for any reason other than illness (must provide medical documentation) and college orientation (must provide formal documentation prior to employment).