Working under the direction of the Day Camp Supervisor, the Day Camp Counselor is responsible for creating a safe, enjoyable and educational atmosphere for participants by planning and implementing age-appropriate daily activities. Work is reviewed for achievement of desired results and adherence to policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Supervises all assigned program participants to assure a safe and enjoyable experience
* Organizes, implements, and actively participates in daily camp activities
* Follows all policies and procedures of the Department and camp program
* Ensures meaningful interactions with campers
* Promptly responds to inquiries from campers, parents, and other staff members
* Encourages problem solving skills in campers, while still monitoring interactions between campers and intervening when appropriate
* Facilitates and encourages relationships between campers
* Assists in creating and maintaining an enjoyable and supportive environment
* Manages attendance records for assigned campers in an orderly fashion
* Implements behavior management procedures in a proactive and positive manner
* Serves as an inclusive and encouraging role model for participants and fellow staff
* Must be able to work with children of all abilities and coordinate with MNASR staff
* Assists with maintaining inventory of all supplies
* Assists with the implementation of the family picnic
* Recommends improvements to the Day Camp Supervisor
* Complies with all Village Policies, Protocols, and Procedures
* Performs other duties as assigned
One year of related experience is preferred, but not required. CPR, AED, and First Aid Certifications required prior to the start of camp (will train upon hire).
Must be available for entire camp season (June 13-August 5) and entire orientation process (evenings of May 25 & 26, mornings of June 4 & 11, and additional training dates TBD)
To apply, please complete an employment application and return to:
Melissa Rimdzius, Community Center Program Supervisor
Lincolnwood Parks and Recreation Department
6900 N. Lincoln Avenue
Lincolnwood, IL 60712
email@example.com or 847-677-9740
The Village of Lincolnwood is an equal opportunity employer.